Cobar Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Cobar?
Tourist Attractions in and Around the Town of Cobar in New South Wales, Australia
Cobar is a small town located in the western part of New South Wales, Australia. The town is known for its mining history, which dates back to the mid-1800s, and it is surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes that attract tourists from around the world. From historic sites to natural wonders, here are some of the top tourist attractions in and around the town of Cobar.
1. Cobar Heritage Centre: The Cobar Heritage Centre is located in the heart of Cobar and is home to a range of exhibits that showcase the town's mining history. The centre houses a collection of mining artifacts, photographs, and memorabilia that provide insight into the town's past.
2. Peak Gold Mines: Peak Gold Mines is located just outside of Cobar and is one of the largest gold mines in the country. Visitors can take a tour of the mine and learn about the history of gold mining in the region.
3. Great Cobar Heritage Centre: The Great Cobar Heritage Centre is another museum in Cobar that tells the story of the town's mining history. The museum has a range of exhibits, including artifacts from the early days of mining, as well as displays about the town's Aboriginal history.
1. Mount Grenfell Historic Site: Mount Grenfell Historic Site is located just outside of Cobar and is home to a number of ancient Aboriginal rock art sites. Visitors can hike through the park and view the rock art, which dates back thousands of years.
2. Cobar Wetlands: Cobar Wetlands is a beautiful and serene natural area that is home to a range of bird species. Visitors can take a walk around the wetlands and try to spot some of the local wildlife.
3. Fort Bourke Lookout: Fort Bourke Lookout is located just outside of Cobar and provides stunning views of the surrounding landscape. Visitors can climb to the top of the lookout and take in the scenery.
1. Cobar Bowling and Golf Club: The Cobar Bowling and Golf Club is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. The club has an 18-hole golf course as well as bowling greens, and visitors can enjoy a meal at the club's restaurant.
2. Cobar Heritage Walk: The Cobar Heritage Walk is a self-guided walking tour that takes visitors through the town's historic areas. The walk showcases a range of historic buildings and sites in the town.
3. Cobar Open Cut Experience: The Cobar Open Cut Experience is a unique tour that allows visitors to see the workings of a modern-day copper mine. The tour takes visitors through the mine and provides insight into the process of mining copper.
Cobar is a small town with a rich history and beautiful natural surroundings. From historic sites to natural wonders, there is something to see and do for everyone in and around the town of Cobar. Visitors can explore the town's mining history, take in the stunning landscapes, and enjoy a range of activities during their stay. Whether you're a history buff, nature lover, or simply looking for a relaxing getaway, Cobar has something to offer.
Cobar Tourism Articles