Cobar National Events
Important Australian or Globally Famous events that occur around Cobar New South Wales and you are invited.
As a small town located in New South Wales, Australia, Cobar may not seem like a hub of activity when it comes to nationally or globally recognised annual events, but you'd be surprised! In and around the town of Cobar, there are plenty of events for locals and visitors alike to enjoy throughout the year. So, whether you're a resident of this charming town or just passing through, take note of these events and make the most of your time in Cobar.
1. Cobar Show - Held annually in August, the Cobar Show is a much-loved event for locals and visitors. The show offers a variety of activities, including show jumping, rodeo, sheep shearing, and more. In addition to all the action, there are also plenty of food stalls, rides, and games to entertain the whole family.
2. Festival of the Miner's Ghost - October is the month when Cobar comes alive with the Festival of the Miner's Ghost. This annual festival pays homage to the town's mining history and features a whole range of activities, including street parades, markets, historical tours, scarecrow competition, and even a fireworks display.
3. Cobar Gold Field's Cup - If you're a fan of horse racing, then the Cobar Gold Field's Cup is not to be missed. Held in early October, the event is a highlight of the racing calendar and attracts both local and professional jockeys. With plenty of food and drink stalls on offer, it's a great day out for the whole family, even if you're not a die-hard racing fan.
4. Cobar Car and Bike Show - If you're a petrolhead, then the Cobar Car and Bike Show is the event you need to attend. Held annually in November, this show features everything from vintage cars to brand new bikes, with prizes awarded in a variety of categories. In addition to the vehicles on display, there are also food stalls, live music, and kids' activities to keep everyone entertained.
5. Christmas Carnival of Lights - In December, Cobar gets into the festive spirit with its Christmas Carnival of Lights. This event is a must-visit for families with young children, as it features Santa's grotto, a Christmas market, live music, and of course, an incredible light show. It's the perfect way to get into the holiday mood and spread some cheer with your loved ones.
6. Anzac Day Dawn Service - Finally, the Anzac Day Dawn Service is a solemn event held annually on April 25th to remember and honour those who have served and died in wars for Australia. The event starts early in the morning, with a march to the war memorial, followed by a dawn service and wreath-laying ceremony. It's a moving and important event, and one that every Australian should attend at least once in their lifetime.
there are plenty of nationally or globally recognised annual events that people can observe and participate in around the town of Cobar in New South Wales, Australia. From the Cobar Show and Festival of the Miner's Ghost to the Cobar Gold Field's Cup and Anzac Day Dawn Service, there's something for everyone. So, whether you're a resident of Cobar or just passing through, be sure to mark these events on your calendar and enjoy all the town has to offer!